Contact Us
Store
Library
Forums

Forums

problemhouse - all messages by user

15.03.2006 15:38:55
Detail /change /edit text or text position

I'm new hear so bear with me please. I just recieved Keycreator 5.2.1 and I am playing around with it figuring things out. I have my manuals both in paper and on line and can not figure out how to change the text position or the text itself. I am used to CK19 and am very familiar with it. I've looked through the forum and can not find anything on this so I can only assume its right there and I just ain't seeing it.
     This is probably just the first of what might be many posts.

15.03.2006 16:01:00

O.K. so I just had to sit here a while longer......I just figured it out. Edit entity - edit or move. Talk about redicoulus !!! It's part of the detailing aspect of everything you would do yet they can't leave it in the detailing area?!?

By leaving the "classic" mode in there you would think that you could use it just like before since, after all, you've memorized the keystrokes after 13 years of using them that way !!! Nope! they went and moved stuff around so you have to learn all over again. (some are still there but c'mon?!?!) What about macros? So now is my Macro tablet no good ? There goes a tremendous time saver out the window !!!
 I know I know you can Manually convert ALL of your cdl's over but I have 249 cdl files !!!!!!! And even then the Tablet is still not supported.

I know I'm ranting in the wrong place (should be directly to Kubotek!) but maby someone here "feels my pain" and can try to console me. Or even found a better way to do what I'm trying to do and is willing to share.

16.03.2006 16:05:06

O.K. I'm not nearly as ornery today. (but then again I haven't been on the computer yet today)

The tablet is a SummaSketch III by Summagraphics. I know its old but it does such a nice job I hate to lose it. There is a square in the middle that represents the screen of the computer then all around it are the cdl macro buttons I click on to activate the macros. In Cadkey 19 there is a section under Tools/Tablet where you can configure the tablet. I haven't found anything in Keycreator for this and when I asked a Tech guy where I bought my KeyCreator he said  "At this point, there is no support for tablets in KeyCreator.  I'm not sure if they are looking to add this support in the future or not." 
     When entering Cadkey it configures my tablet so the smaller square in the middle becomes my screen area (this is defined in the tablet configuration of Cadkey) and the macros surrounding it become active. Otherwise for all other programs my entire tablet is the screen area. This is how KeyCreator looks at it.
    As for converting the macros I am going to attempt it and see how difficult it gets and will definitely come back to you for support. Thank you for your generous offer and for letting me rant a little without getting in trouble for it.
   I also am using a 16 button mouse and would like to know where (or if) I can configure all the buttons. This was part of the tablet curser configuration settings in Cadkey so again it may not even be an option for me.

Jason

If this post comes in twice I apoligize.

04.04.2006 22:22:57
Detail /change /edit text or text position Well unfortunately my Keycreator is not recognizing any but the first two buttons on my 16 button puck (mouse).
04.04.2006 22:40:35
2D / 3D Is there any way to tell when you are in 2d or 3d? I can click on the button for switching it but it doesn't show me anywhere that sais what the current mode is. I don't want to have to draw a line and see if it is 2d or 3d. What am I missing?
05.04.2006 10:24:31
2D / 3D You are awsome!!! Thanks a million.
11.04.2006 19:02:22
FWD/BACK DB - VERIFY SELECTION

Can someone please tell me where the toggle is for the db forward / back? I use this a LOT and kinda need it bad. Also, where is the switch to turn off verify selection? (the one that makes you "accept" or "clear" every time you do something.) KC 5.2.1

Thanks in advance from someone "trying to adapt" from CK19.

01.05.2006 21:29:07
FWD/BACK DB - VERIFY SELECTION

Thanks for the help Ron.

I am finding that there are MANY things that make my life (and job) a lot easier taken out or made difficult to figure out in this new Keycreator.

You can no longer export a cadl file of the wireframe in to Mastercam.
It no longer supports macro tablets (HUGE)
You can no longer search data base forward/back
memorized F keys no longer in same order (some are/some aren't)
ALL cdl files need to be translated to kxl
still don't know if there is any way to disable the verify selection thing going on

With all this new learning having to take place anyway I might have been better off just getting the Solidworks?

02.05.2006 21:48:24
upgrading with same files

Is there a way to maintain your toolbar settings, workspace settings, keyboard hotkey settings, etc. when upgrading from keycreator 5.2.1 to 5.5?

also is there ANY way to turn off the verify selection mode like there is in cadkey 19? (thats where you have to click "Accept" after everything you do)

03.05.2006 09:45:25
B.O.M. I'm trying to figure out the bom. I found some great tutorials on line that spell out almost everything except the part about selecting the geometry for it. I get all done with the "create a bom" part and it asks me to select geometry it tells me I have no selectable geometry. (I created an extruded solid of an 8 foot 2x4 just for practice and simplicity.) I've selected reference files and composites with no luck and when I select levels it comes up but the file description and file vendor that are supposed to come up don't. Any suggestions? Keycreator 5.2.1
pages: 1