navigate  
  Home
Contact Us
Store
Library
Forums

Forums

Forums » Technical » Detail /change /edit text or text position Messages in this topic - RSS
|
15.03.2006 15:38:55
problemhouse
problemhouse
Posts 10

I'm new hear so bear with me please. I just recieved Keycreator 5.2.1 and I am playing around with it figuring things out. I have my manuals both in paper and on line and can not figure out how to change the text position or the text itself. I am used to CK19 and am very familiar with it. I've looked through the forum and can not find anything on this so I can only assume its right there and I just ain't seeing it.
     This is probably just the first of what might be many posts.

15.03.2006 16:01:00
problemhouse
problemhouse
Posts 10

O.K. so I just had to sit here a while longer......I just figured it out. Edit entity - edit or move. Talk about redicoulus !!! It's part of the detailing aspect of everything you would do yet they can't leave it in the detailing area?!?

By leaving the "classic" mode in there you would think that you could use it just like before since, after all, you've memorized the keystrokes after 13 years of using them that way !!! Nope! they went and moved stuff around so you have to learn all over again. (some are still there but c'mon?!?!) What about macros? So now is my Macro tablet no good ? There goes a tremendous time saver out the window !!!
 I know I know you can Manually convert ALL of your cdl's over but I have 249 cdl files !!!!!!! And even then the Tablet is still not supported.

I know I'm ranting in the wrong place (should be directly to Kubotek!) but maby someone here "feels my pain" and can try to console me. Or even found a better way to do what I'm trying to do and is willing to share.

15.03.2006 20:51:43
osca
osca
Posts 31
that's , I wanted to know. Becasue we confuse which is better himself, to change newer Keycreator or keep to customise CADKEY.
My case, If I found a absolute good fundtion to modelize and control free surface form I need to change,but I still use Cadkey 19 with adding few cdl.
16.03.2006 10:55:10
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

problemhouse,
Are you using the tablet to draw or just to select your CDL macros?
If you are drawing (picking points) then yes you are out of luck however if you are just using it to execute the CDL's then you should still be able to use it as loang as windows can see it, I think.
I have a keypad that is programmable and I have buttons asigned to it for KeyCreator and it works ok.

Now for you 200+ CDL to convert if you need help with that I am very good at converting old CDL to the new language. If you need help just let me know!

CKDExpert

16.03.2006 16:05:06
problemhouse
problemhouse
Posts 10

O.K. I'm not nearly as ornery today. (but then again I haven't been on the computer yet today)

The tablet is a SummaSketch III by Summagraphics. I know its old but it does such a nice job I hate to lose it. There is a square in the middle that represents the screen of the computer then all around it are the cdl macro buttons I click on to activate the macros. In Cadkey 19 there is a section under Tools/Tablet where you can configure the tablet. I haven't found anything in Keycreator for this and when I asked a Tech guy where I bought my KeyCreator he said  "At this point, there is no support for tablets in KeyCreator.  I'm not sure if they are looking to add this support in the future or not." 
     When entering Cadkey it configures my tablet so the smaller square in the middle becomes my screen area (this is defined in the tablet configuration of Cadkey) and the macros surrounding it become active. Otherwise for all other programs my entire tablet is the screen area. This is how KeyCreator looks at it.
    As for converting the macros I am going to attempt it and see how difficult it gets and will definitely come back to you for support. Thank you for your generous offer and for letting me rant a little without getting in trouble for it.
   I also am using a 16 button mouse and would like to know where (or if) I can configure all the buttons. This was part of the tablet curser configuration settings in Cadkey so again it may not even be an option for me.

Jason

If this post comes in twice I apoligize.

17.03.2006 06:26:38
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Jason,
the tech guys are right, I asked for tablet support back it version 3.0 and in workshop and was told straight from kubotek that there was NO plans to add the tablet support back in.

As for your 16 button mouse you should have windows software for the mouse the best way to configure it would be to set the buttons to standard key stroke combinations like CTRL+C and so on then KeyCreator will see the mouse button as just a normal keystroke. This is how I have my 32 button keypad.

Remember that keys can be used in combination to give you more hotkeys!

04.04.2006 22:22:57
problemhouse
problemhouse
Posts 10
Well unfortunately my Keycreator is not recognizing any but the first two buttons on my 16 button puck (mouse).
pages: 1
|

Forums » Technical » Detail /change /edit text or text position