Contact Us
Store
Library
Forums

Forums

1spang - all messages by user

02.05.2005 10:39:41
Material/Texture help

Has anyone had any luck/experimented with, etc. the materials or textures of metals or finishes in KeyCreator? I see there are a few textures on the CKDExpert website but I am looking mostly for steel finishes and material types (some of which already exist in the KeyCreator materials file) or more specifically, coatings. I would like to see coating representation for zinc coatings (various colors or "dichromates") and paint (e-coat and powder coat in various colors). I have tooled around with the materials file somewhat myself but I haven't had much luck and was wondering if anyone might have some of these finishes already made up?

Thanks,
Keith,

08.09.2005 12:23:43
vrthzt.kxl

I recently downloaded this (vrthzt.kxl) kxl (it creates a line parallel to a line, midway between two lines) but I'm having an issue with it. I am posting here in the hopes someone may have an idea as to my problem.

If I use the kxl on vertical lines it functions properly but everytime I try to get a horizontal line it does not find the center correctly. Example: I have 2 horizontal lines 3" apart. I use the kxl and click the lines and it creates a line at 1.165" from the top line (1.835" from the bottom line).

Is there something wrong with the kxl or is it a setting somewhere in my KeyCreator that is causing this?

09.09.2005 13:28:49
vrthzt.kxl

4.5 (0337).

I noticed some other strange occurences as well. The vertical function seems to work all the time. The horizontal however has the following issues:

From the side (View 5) view if I try to make a horizontal line it tells me "the entity I picked is not a horizontal line" and to retry.
From the front view (View 2) it places the line completely outside of the 2 lines I choose (usually off the screen) and checking the location from the top it is well forward of the chosen lines as well.
However, from the top view (View 1) this kxl does function correctly.

Is there a setting I have messed up? My Construction Plane is set to CP=DV and I am in a 3D workspace.

pages: 1