navigate  
  Home
Contact Us
Store
Library
Forums

Forums

Forums » Customization » Batch Exporting Layouts as DWG,DXF,CKD, Messages in this topic - RSS
|
28.04.2006 13:05:34
Ken LeMay
Ken LeMay
Posts 9

Is there any way to BATCH export layouts as dwg,dxf or ckd? I've asked Kubotek numerous times and have gotten nowhere. I design Progressive Dies and put each detail on it's own level in model mode. When I go into layout I create 1 layout for each detail. I sometimes have 100-200 indiviual layouts. My customer want's these individual layouts as DWG,DXF,IGS etc. Right now I have to do them 1 at a time.

Thanks,

Ken

--
02.05.2006 14:11:32
Ken LeMay
Ken LeMay
Posts 9

When I run this kxl, I still have to "Select all.Display>All. How do I get around that? Is there a way to export the layout name as the "Save As"?

Here's what I have, Thanks to Ken H

CLEAR hlayAll, nlayouts
int nlayouts, K
HLayout hlayAll[0]
K=0

:Start
 GetLayouts hlayAll
 nlayouts=sizeof (hlayAll)

:Loop
 IF (K> nlayouts)
  Goto Done
 LoadLayout hlayAll[K]
 Auto
// What ever you place here will be done for each layout

Callfunc (0xAAE3) //Export DWG

//End of action
 K=K+1
 If (K< nlayouts)
  Goto Loop

Done
 Pause "Finished"

Ken

--
03.05.2006 12:26:16
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Ken,
Did you know that you can export a DWG with all layouts in the DWG file with the solids?

It will create a DWG file,Acad standard format, WITH all solids and layouts in one file. Is this something that would work for you?
I am working with Kubotek now with KXL exporting abilities and they are broken now. If the above suggestion would work let me know.

I will post the single layout exporting KXL as soon as I get a fix from Kubotek!

Kenneth Harris
CKDExpert

08.05.2006 07:42:04
Ken LeMay
Ken LeMay
Posts 9

Ken

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Unfortunately that won't work. The way or system is set up our tool room requires individual files containing only the 2d info for one detail. An example would be the file for detail 27 only has the 2d info for that detail. That way the Die makers, helpers or machinists can easily call up the detail they are working on to analyze. Any 3d stuff is sent to the tool room CAM programmers.

Ken

--
27.06.2006 13:00:00
Ken LeMay
Ken LeMay
Posts 9

Ken,

Is what I want possible yet with KeyCreator 5.5.1?

Ken

--
28.06.2006 07:03:55
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Ken,
The quick answer is no! however you can get around the NO buy a really long KXL that will save each layout to its own CKD file then export that file.

HOWEVER,
I will tell you that version 6.0 has the capability you are after so if you plan on upgrading then just wait a few more months( I hope that soon) until version 6.0 comes out.

21.08.2006 14:20:44
Ken LeMay
Ken LeMay
Posts 9

Ken

Now that version 6 is out, is it now possible?

Ken

--
21.08.2006 15:12:01
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Ken Lemay,

The function is and was there in version 5.5.1 however it was broken!
In version 6 the function is there however I have not tested that function.

I will test the KXL and get back to you, hopefully tomorrow.
If you what to play with it the function is called "EXPORT ENTITIES".
In version 5.5.1 there was no way to pass the entities to the function however now it appears that they made provisions for that variable.

Kenneth Harris
CKDExpert

21.08.2006 16:53:56
Ken LeMay
Ken LeMay
Posts 9

Ken

I looked in version 6 and can't find "EXPORT ENTITIES".

Ken

--
22.08.2006 09:36:53
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Ken LeMay,

I just uploaded a new KXL for version 6.0 that will batch export all layouts as DWG file to a predetermined folder name.
It will also prompt the user to print each one of the layouts as soon as it is exported.

Kenneth Harris
CKDExpert

22.08.2006 10:07:30
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Sorry,
The link was dead I just fixed it and it is working!

Agian Sorry!

pages: 1
|

Forums » Customization » Batch Exporting Layouts as DWG,DXF,CKD,