navigate  
  Home
Contact Us
Store
Library
Forums

Forums

Forums » Technical » CK Workshop 21.5 problem with Draftpak FAST- & FEAT- DBF files Messages in this topic - RSS
|
16.10.2005 09:45:19
decker
decker
Posts 9

Hello,

I am not sure if anyone knows what registry setting is missing... When I try to create any draftpak details like fasteners, features or mechanical elements, I get a strange dialogue box that says:

"Data source name not found and no default driver specified"

"cannot open boltsqr.dbf"

In fact, boltsqr.dbf and all the others are to be found, unmodified, in Lang\English\FASTDATA where they were first installed. This error began to occur after some routine system maint. I have the fealing that a registry entry that points tothe proper location or some driver spec is somehow missing. Can anyone tell me what it could be?

Everything seems to be running fine.

Thanks!

--
16.10.2005 12:40:05
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Decker,

Have you Uninstalled access on that PC?
It sounds like the Data Source Name (DSN) that WorkShop uses to connect to its database files has been corrupted or deleted. Check in the ODBC control panel to see if there is a "System DSN" named "CADKEY21". The name and location of the control panel varies by OS, but should at least have Data Source or ODBC in it. It may be in the "Administrative Tools" section of the control panel.

The easiest way to Fix the problem is to Reinstall the program or use the repair option during the installation!

17.10.2005 09:21:40
decker
decker
Posts 9

We removed quite a few old database aps like MS Sequel server and so forth. Cleaned it up quite a bit. There wasn't an ODBC source called 'CADKEY21'. Thank you very much! I followed your instructions and everything is fixed! (I just had no idea where to begin!):

* Created an ODBC System DSN (type DBase 5) called 'CADKEY21'.

* Configured its directory to the common root of the dbf files ('Lang\English')

Left all the rest default and it all seems to work!

Thanks!

--
pages: 1
|

Forums » Technical » CK Workshop 21.5 problem with Draftpak FAST- & FEAT- DBF files