Forums

Forums

Forums » Customization » xmd 4.5 Messages in this topic - RSS
|
27.09.2005 08:17:49
SPIDER
SPIDER
Posts 8
i just got 4.5 XMD installed on my station. My problem is this; I need to set up my files so that the shop can open it on a 4.5KC viewer (no xmd viewer). They need to be able to open each section to take messurements. Back on CK99 they used to load a cadel that would turn all the appropriete levels on, for that section/plan view. This is where I hit the wall (since viewer no longer supports CDL/KXL function) I was able to add bunch of plate details on the assembly tree using "plate details". Is there a way to add the; core/cavity plan, sections aa-cc to that too??

Is there any other way to to set it up so that they can show core/cavity plan, or any sections with a click of the mouse.?

If I simply export it out form xmd, and open it in the viewer the sub levels are not showing. Also, for each section view, xmd is using sublevels from two diferent levels... I just need to make it simple so that the guy in the shop (with no cad experience) can open it up and check some sizes (possibly hide some things to be able to see clearer)...

I know i'm asking too much, but if we can't figure this out i'll probably have to go back to the old CK99 because my cheepazz boss won't be buying any xmd viewer seats. [Frown]
29.09.2005 15:54:29
SPIDER
SPIDER
Posts 8

Never mind, it seams that the new spectrum viewer takes care of that problem. 

However I wouldn't mind hearing if there is any more xmd users outhere (especially 4.5) and if you have any tips and tricks (im just starting to use the software).  I especially wouldn't mind hearing from you if you have some "smart patterns" that your willing to share (so that I don't spend next 2 weeks "trying"  to making them up)

pages: 1
|

Forums » Customization » xmd 4.5