Forums

Forums

Forums » Technical » Rendering Messages in this topic - RSS
|
11.05.2005 14:10:27
rangereng
rangereng
Posts 2

Can't render large (20mb+) files in both Key4 and 21.5.

XP Pro, NVIDIA GeFORCE FX5600, 2g ram

There is a thread on the Kub' Webforum 'out of memory error' dated Feb. 17, 2005.  Essentially, Kub' 4 worked very well until a second system crash (and subsequent restore).  Before my system restores, it's backs up existing C: into a folder.  Then restores the drive to 'as puchased' condition.  I need then to reinstall all applications added, but all existing data files are in THE folder which can then be copied (moved) onto the 'new' C:.

Risto J. Babineau

18.05.2005 07:36:12
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

rangereng,

I am not sure what you are asking, However if you are asking about rendering can you send the file and I will see if my "Super Computer" will render it.

I have a dual processor 3.8 GHz with 2 Gigs of ram and 256 Mg Video card.
If that cant do it then I am sure there is a problem with Keycreator.
I haven't found very many solids or assy's that I cant render even if they are a corrupted solid they just look really funny.

CKDExpert

18.05.2005 10:12:53
rangereng
rangereng
Posts 2

Tech,

I am talking about rendering, that any file beyond 20Mb, or so, doesn't render (quickly?).  We often deal with files even beyond 100Mb. Those files will not render!  This is a somewhat recent issue, before which all worked well, meaning robustly.

I've had system problems which required restoring the computer, in fact, twice in the last seven months.  After the first restore, 21.5 & Key4 worked as before.  The second problem, requiring a restore, left me with this rendering problem.  I've been after Kubotek to assist with this, but it's starting to drag on;  sometimes I won't speak with them for weeks depending on MY workload.

Anyhow, if there are questions better asked over the 'phone, I can be reached at 508 842-6500 X18.

Risto J. Babineau
Ranger Automation Systems, Inc.

pages: 1
|

Forums » Technical » Rendering